The Boy

The Boy

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Not Your Mama’s Sprouts

What comes to mind when you think about Brussels sprouts?  Green, smelly, squishy wads of grossness?  Yeah, these weren’t them!  Oh my goodness!  I came across this recipe on www.skinnytaste.com and it was unbelievably delicious!  My whole family (really … just my husband and myself) had doubts about how good this could really taste.  We were not prepared for how good they really were.  Yes, the recipe calls for pancetta.  I did use it this time, but will try turkey bacon in its place next time.  (and YES, there will be a next time) The nice thing about this recipe is that you have so many options.  I think we may even try it with our sausage tofu.  Here is what it looked like in the bowl.


Did the boy like it?  Well, in my opinion he did.  If you ask him, he will deny, deny, deny.  However, I told him that he needed to take 4 really healthy bites.  He did it without complaining. (There wasn’t a gagging noise to be heard…he just ate the bites!)   And then, I told him that I needed to take a picture of him taking a bite…and he took another healthy bite…with a little complaint, but not the big ruckus that can happen when he is made to eat something he doesn’t like.  So, in my opinion, he liked it…he just doesn’t want to admit that he liked and ate vegetables.  I see more Brussels sprouts in his future!  

1 comment: