The Boy

The Boy

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Reason

There is a lot of talk about healthy choices these days.  Not just about food, but also about healthy life choices.  We are so lucky because we live in Southern California.  The sun shines here about 98% of the time.  We live a few miles from the beach and right next to an amazing hiking canyon.  Yet - where do you find the kids that live around here?  Inside...playing video games or watching TV or playing on the computer.  AND...they are eating without thinking.  Ever sit down while watching TV or working on the computer and bring a small bowl of snacks with you?  Ever go to take another bite and realize that the bowl is empty ... and you don't remember eating that much?  :)  Well, my goal is to help my son take notice of what he is eating.  Its a small step....but an important one.  I plan on making some healthy meals and snacks and showing you the step by step process.  Then....we will find the answer to...will he eat it?  Now, you and I know that he isn't going to like everything I make.  In fact, I am willing to bet that he will only like about 25% of the foods that I will make.  However, he will be tasting all of them.  He will give his opinion about it. What he doesn't know is that he is opening his mind and his palate to some wonderful foods that are out there.  Wonderful fruits and vegetables that unless I "creatively" place in front of him...he won't try or even know about them.  Ready to take this journey with me?  And if he eats it....maybe you or your kids will too!

No comments: